Woop Woop everyone. Hope you guys are all good. I decided to bake these for breakfast as my 5 year old was pestering me for pancakes so thought,why not just give it a go and gain a stone in the process!. They are the most easiest things I’ve ever made and are incredibly tasty so give them a go at the weekend. They take about 30 minutes in total from prepping to cooking so bosh!
- 4¾oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 4½fl oz milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Dash of olive oil – for cooking
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the milk eggs and melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with a little mixing. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a dash of olive oil. Once the pan is heated, add a ladle of batter (or two if your frying pan is big enough to cook two pancakes at the same time). Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen slightly
- Dust with a sheet of icing sugar – if you wish
- Serve with fruit of your choice or cream and one big ass COFFEE…… YAY
So go ahead and try these out, they really are delicious