Hey guys, I’ve been doing so much soul searching and deep thinking the past few weeks as to what it is I want to do and want to be in life. The daily everyday chores can sometimes bring us all down and it can take a lot to get back up to where you want to be. So I decided to compile a list of my tips for a healthier living and life that I have been using recently… Hope you enjoy.
- Diet: This is a major one, I can honestly say that my overall diet for the past few years was pretty horrific, Pure junk food was heaven to me and hell for my waistline. I recall my mother saying to me a few years ago that she felt that I was kinda overweight. I was secretly horrified and vowed to sort it. I started making healthier choices, having juices and healthy smoothies and generally just watching what I was eating. Now I do still have chocolate, cake etc but everything is in moderation as I just couldn’t cut it all out. Once I got onto a healthier eating path, my mindset changed and I also started feeling a lot happier in myself and no longer sluggish and tired all the time.
- Exercise: Guys this is a no brainer. Its recommended that we try and do 30 minutes of exercise each day to maintain a healthy waistline and healthy heart. They also say that excercising each day has a positive effect on your overall mental health. I have recently started spinning and doing body attack classes as well as doing a 45 minute powerwalk most days with my 6 month old. I do believe that this has had a positive effect mentally as I just feel happier within myself and also seeing the lbs drop off is another added bonus.
- Random acts of kindness: Random acts of kindness are good for givers and receivers alike. It could be a quick call or text to someone you care about or have lost touch with. Trust me, it does make you feel good knowing that you have made someone else’s day and I believe karma will always come back round….
- Get some sleep: Now sometimes this is hard especially if there are little ones running around. I have just managed to get my baby to start sleeping through the night so I’m looking forward to getting back to my 7 hours kip. Getting a good night’s sleep won’t grant you immunity from disease. But study after study has found a link between insufficient sleep and some serious health problems. Now to be honest, I love my sleep, always have and probably always will. My other half is the complete opposite, he maintains he can survive on 5 hours sleep a night and I’m currently trying to change his thinking habits on that one. I believe that getting a good nights sleep is important for your overall being and it ties in with the diet and exercise. In the end, It all makes you feel good.
- Gratitude: Being thankful for what you have in life is definitely key to a healthier being and life. The benefits of practicing gratitude are nearly endless. People who regularly practice gratitude by taking time to notice and reflect upon the things they’re thankful for experience more positive emotions, feel more alive, sleep better, express more compassion and kindness, and even have stronger immune systems. I haven’t always been a believer in this, even though I’ve read the numerous books etc, I still find it hard to do. I have just started a gratitude journal for the next 30 days whereby I will document something each day for which I am grateful for. I will get back to you to let you know how I get on!!
- Meditate: They say that meditation quietens your mind and calms your soul. I do try and take 5 minutes out each day to just sit, close my eyes and think of nothing and breathe. I just let it all go and for those 5 minutes, life just stands still. Gotta say, This definitely works for me especially when Im having a right shit day, it just seems to be a bit easier when I’ve taken time out.
So that’s it, I’ve been using the above to try and live a healthier life and also to have a healthier mentality on me. If you ever feel that its getting you down, take some time out, call a friend and have a chat and just remember that’s its ok not to be ok.
Daily Inspiration: Live each day as if your life has just begun – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe