You know, I was sitting having breakfast the other day and saw some sorry looking banana’s in the fruit bowl and they looked to be dying a slow and painful death, thus out popped the banana loaf… I have never made this before so didn’t know what to expect but it turned out to be yummy….
- 140g Butter softened plus extra for the tin
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 large egg, beaten
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Ripe bananas (mash two and keep one for decoration, you can also use dried banana if you wish)
- Icing sugar to dust.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a loaf tin and line the base and sides with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs with a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas. Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
- I chopped some banana and laid it across the top and dusted with icing sugar.
- Serve with a nice fruit tea
Do give it a go, it took me about 45mins all in!!! Not bad, my friends think I’m turning into a right Mary Berry!! ha